23 - 25 September, 2019
Le Meridien Beach Plaza, Monte Carlo
44 (0) 207 368 9854
2018 Agenda Day 1
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm Registration, Networking and Business Meetings in the Meetings Zone
1:30 pm - 1:40 pm Welcome Remarks: Sophia DeFrancesco, Content Director, Capital Creation
FINDING UNIQUE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES
1:50 pm - 2:10 pm KEYNOTE INTERVIEW: With the extensive growth, where are today’s best opportunities in Venture to generate long-term and sustainable returns?Peter Flynn - Partner Candela Capital
- Current and future outlook of Venture Capital in Europe
- What are the different strategies you should employ to ensure value-add?
- Where are the best opportunities for you and how are investors assessing established and new VC’s?
- Is there a specific geography or sector you need to look out for to gain maximum returns?
2:10 pm - 2:55 pm VENTURE DRAGON’S DEN: Who are the new, successful venture funds who will offer the best return opportunities?Ekaterina Almasque - Managing Director Samsung Catalyst Fund Ian Sosso - Founder and Managing Partner Monte Carlo Capital Jack Leeney - Founding Partner 7GlobalCapital Anne Glover - Chief Executive and Co-founder Amadeus Capital Partners Guillaume Lautour - Managing Partner and co-founder Level-Up Daniele Genovesi - Investment Manager Truffle Capital
- How the fund is different?
- What is the technology behind each fund?
- How would it add value to portfolio companies?
- What are the target returns?
Ekaterina AlmasqueManaging Director
Samsung Catalyst Fund
Ian SossoFounder and Managing Partner
Monte Carlo Capital
Jack LeeneyFounding Partner
Anne GloverChief Executive and Co-founder
Amadeus Capital Partners
Guillaume LautourManaging Partner and co-founder
Daniele GenovesiInvestment Manager
2:10 pm - 2:55 pm Network or attend private meetings in our Meetings Zone
2:55 pm - 3:35 pm DISCUSSION PANEL: How is technology investing shaping the European investments opportunities today?Patrick Hennings - Partner Seafort Advisors GmbH Dharmash Mistry - Partner Lakestar Daniele Genovesi - Investment Manager Truffle Capital
- How is this driving competition and innovation with GPs?
- How can technology and digitization be a tool to increase value and maximize returns?
- What are the opportunities and deployment challenges when investing in Fintech companies?
- How is the rise of tech investing impacting other sectors compared to PE?
Seafort Advisors GmbH
Daniele GenovesiInvestment Manager
3:35 pm - 4:15 pm Afternoon coffee, networking and private business meetings in the Meetings Zone
4:15 pm - 4:35 pm AFRICA SPOTLIGHT: The African PE Landscape - Where will you find the best investment opportunities in 2019?Michelle Essomé - CEO AVCA
- Update on fundraising and investment activities across the continent
- Spotlight on Nigeria: Why Nigeria is attracting more and more investments
- What are LPs expecting from their Africa investments?
- Where will the best returns be generated over the next 3-5 years?
4:35 pm - 5:15 pm ALL STAR PANEL: Emerging vs. Developed Markets –Do the opportunities outweigh the challenges?Michael Bastholt - Senior Investment Officer EBRD Roni Elchahal - Head of EMEA Capital Partnering General Atlantic Ankur Jain - Managing Partner Emergent Ventures Michelle Essomé - CEO AVCA Enika Jorgoni - Investment Manager CDC Group
- How do emerging markets private equity returns compare to those from your US and European investments?
- What is the best time to be investing in emerging markets to maximise returns?
- What role do DFIs play in helping the PE ecosystem and the investments across emerging markets?
- How does PE in Africa compare to Asia others?
Michael BastholtSenior Investment Officer
Roni ElchahalHead of EMEA Capital Partnering
Ankur JainManaging Partner
Enika JorgoniInvestment Manager