24 - 26 September, 2018
Le Meridien Beach Plaza, Monte Carlo
44 (0) 207 368 9854
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm Registration, Networking and Business Meetings in the Meetings Zone
1:30 pm - 1:40 pm Welcome Remarks: Sophia DeFrancesco, Content Director, Capital Creation
FINDING UNIQUE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES
1:50 pm - 2:10 pm KEYNOTE INTERVIEW: With the extensive growth, where are today’s best opportunities in Venture to generate long-term and sustainable returns?Peter Flynn - Partner Candela Capital Simon Cook - CEO and cofounder Draper Esprit
- Current and future outlook of Venture Capital in Europe
- What are the different strategies you should employ to ensure value-add?
- Where are the best opportunities for you and how are investors assessing established and new VC’s?
- Is there a specific geography or sector you need to look out for to gain maximum returns?
Interviewee: Simon Cook, CEO and cofounder, Draper Esprit
Interviewer: Peter Flynn, Managing Director, Candela Capital
Simon CookCEO and cofounder
2:10 pm - 2:55 pm VENTURE DRAGON’S DEN: Who are the new, successful venture funds who will offer the best return opportunities?Jason Cavanagh - CEO Saint Leonard Family Office Ekaterina Almasque - Managing Director Samsung Catalyst Fund Ian Sosso - Founder and Managing Partner Monte Carlo Capital
4 venture funds will give a short pitch on their fund and provide insights on:
- How the fund is different?
- What is the technology behind each fund?
- How would it add value to portfolio companies?
- What are the target returns?
This exciting Dragons’ Den session demos pre-selected Venture funds who will pitch to a panel of experts and the audience. The experts will critique and assess their benefits to your business and their likelihood for future success. You will then have the opportunity to vote for the fund you believe is the most innovative and will add real value. Will you find the next big thing?
Jason Cavanagh, CEO, Saint Leonard Family Office
Ekaterina Almasque, Managing Director, Samsung Catalyst Fund
Ian Sosso, Managing Partner, Monte Carlo Capital
Saint Leonard Family Office
Ekaterina AlmasqueManaging Director
Samsung Catalyst Fund
Ian SossoFounder and Managing Partner
Monte Carlo Capital
2:10 pm - 2:55 pm Network or attend private meetings in our Meetings Zone
2:55 pm - 3:35 pm DISCUSSION PANEL: How is technology investing shaping the European investments opportunities today?Olaf Neubert - Managing Director TopCap Partners Nenad Marovac - Founder, Managing Partner DN Capital Patrick Hennings - Partner Seafort Advisors GmbH Bernard-Louis Roques - Managing Director and Co-founder of Truffle Capital Truffle Capital
- How is this driving competition and innovation with GPs?
- How can technology and digitization be a tool to increase value and maximize returns?
- What are the opportunities and deployment challenges when investing in Fintech companies?
- How is the rise of tech investing impacting other sectors compared to PE?
Nenad MarovacFounder, Managing Partner
Seafort Advisors GmbH
Bernard-Louis RoquesManaging Director and Co-founder of Truffle Capital
Olaf NeubertManaging Director
3:35 pm - 4:15 pm Afternoon coffee, networking and private business meetings in the Meetings Zone
4:15 pm - 4:35 pm AFRICA SPOTLIGHT: The African PE Landscape - Where will you find the best investment opportunities in 2019?Enitan Obasanjo-Adeleye - Head of Research AVCA
- Update on fundraising and investment activities across the continent
- Spotlight on Nigeria: Why Nigeria is attracting more and more investments
- What are LPs expecting from their Africa investments?
- Where will the best returns be generated over the next 3-5 years?
Enitan Obasanjo-AdeleyeHead of Research
4:35 pm - 5:15 pm ALL STAR PANEL: Emerging vs. Developed Markets –Do the opportunities outweigh the challenges?Enitan Obasanjo-Adeleye - Head of Research AVCA Michael Bastholt - Senior Investment Officer EBRD Roni Elchahal - Head of EMEA Capital Partnering General Atlantic Ankur Jain - Managing Partner Emergent Ventures Adesuwa Okunbo - Partner and Managing Director Syntaxis Capital Africa
- How do emerging markets private equity returns compare to those from your US and European investments?
- What is the best time to be investing in emerging markets to maximise returns?
- What role do DFIs play in helping the PE ecosystem and the investments across emerging markets?
- How does PE in Africa compare to Asia others?
Michael BastholtSenior Investment Officer
Roni ElchahalHead of EMEA Capital Partnering
Ankur JainManaging Partner
Enitan Obasanjo-AdeleyeHead of Research
Adesuwa OkunboPartner and Managing Director
Syntaxis Capital Africa